I feel on the edge of something. If you follow my Instagram, I’ve touched on how I want to dive deeper in my spiritual journey. I’ve been using tarot for just about a year now, and I want to expand my path. I want to find my way in this world, where I belong, what I’m meant to do. I want to align how I feel inside with what I do on the outside. I want more authenticity, sacred moments, feelings of connections and purpose.
How am I to find this? I’m not exactly sure. I’ve been watching YouTube videos of people whose path I respect, making a wishlist of books, and taking advantage of opportunities that come my way. And, of course, turning to the tarot. Little Red Tarot is my go to site for bigger spreads to sort out what I’m feeling, and, there, I found The Bridge spread.
The Bridge spread shows us where we’ve been, where we are, where we’re going – and how. Check the link above for the full run down on how to perform the spread for yourself. Below is how it turned out for me.
- What I have left behind: Queen of Swords. Air, grace, wit, cunning, sorrow, self-reliance. She’s protective and fierce of those she loves but she’s not really a team player, in my opinion. She’s all about intellect and wisdom, and though she loves, she does so with a straight face.
- The hardest lesson I learned: Four of Pentacles. Stagnation, forgotten joy, missed connection – something the Queen of Swords is (and I am) woefully guilty of. Life is full of whimsy and joy: it’s easy to forget when you’re focused only on truth.
- Something that helped me: Six of Swords. This card is the new beginning, the fresh perspective, safe passage, stability, return to harmony – this card is helping me see the way to the other side. There is a way to get back to joy. I’ve seen the possibility here, and all I need to do is get to the other side.
- The high point – where I am right now, looking back and looking forward: Knight of Swords. This is me, now. I’m ready to charge forward, find a new path, bold solutions. Passion, pure spirit – I’m ready for action, poised at the precipice. (Though he is facing the wrong way….. it’s like he’s ready to take down the obstacles from where I’ve been.)
- The next step: The Chariot. Harness the forces! Where the Knight of Swords is all action, the Chariot can streamline the energy to something productive. The Chariot is about manifestation, confidence, victory. It is personal maturity, it is knowing what I am and what I need.
- Something that will help me: Seven of Pentacles. Patient resolve will help me get to where I need to go. I must stay dedicated, committed.
- My destination: the new shore: Ace of Pentacles. Material and spiritual abundance. Look at the lush garden. From 78 Degrees of Wisdom, “The Earth, in its completeness and solid reality, bears its own magic….Spiritual work leads us to recognize the magic in normal things, in both nature and civilization, and then to go beyond them to the greater knowledge symbolized by the mountains.”
I’ve taken the Chariot as my focus point for the time being, as it is my next step. This card asks me to look at what I really desire for myself, and asks what I’m doing to get myself there. How am I making progress toward my goals? How am I moving toward the Ace of Pentacles’ garden?
What am I looking for? More abundance, more freedom, passion, love, to have my inner and outer life more in tune with one another.
How do I get there? That’s what the Chariot is here to help me with.
My mantra for the Chariot: I’m confident. I’m victorious. I manifest what is good for me.
Have you tried out The Bridge spread? Do you think you will now? Let me know in the comments!